Guide to Getting a Mortgage in Ireland
I recorded a number of videos with Bonkers.ie, which they are releasing as a series entitled “Your Guide to Getting a Mortgage in Ireland”. Hopefully the series will be useful to this community, as it aims to answer the most commonly asked questions about how to get a mortgage.
The first of seven videos was released on Monday, and they will be releasing the remaining episodes every Monday over the coming weeks.
The first episode is entitled "Are You Eligible For a Mortgage"? Topics covered include:
- Minimum income requirements for mortgage applications
- Types of income that lenders will take into account*
- Treatment of additional income such as bonuses and commissions
- Financial commitments taken into account by the banks
- PAYE employment (length of employment, contract vs. permanent, probation, etc.)
- Assessment of self-employed income
- Repayment capacity, i.e. proving to the banks that you can afford the proposed mortgage
- Deposit required for first time buyers and non-FTBs
Link below. Please reply with any comments or queries.
Read responses in askaboutmoney.com